Valentines in Lockdown – Making It Romantic Even at Home
When the holiday falls on a weekday, it’s easy to feel a little trapped in a holiday that’s supposed to be all about love and romance. It doesn’t help that Valentine’s Day falls at a time of year when we’re all thinking about bouquets and chocolate too.
Valentine’s Day is a day to express your love for friends, family, and loved ones but when you’re stuck in lockdown, it can be hard to do. While the classics of a bouquet and chocolate can be sent over through online orders (be it from Hampton Park or anywhere else in the world), there are other areas that may need a little rethinking. That’s why we put together a list of ideas that will help you have an enjoyable Valentine’s Day, even from the comfort of your home.
- Bringing the restaurant vibe home – Many people think that to have a romantic date at home, you need to have a professional chef and all of the necessary ingredients to make the perfect meal. However, this is not true. Cooking a meal, yourself can be an enjoyable, relaxing way to spend a night in, and if you know your date likes food, it can be a great conversation starter. Preparation is key to a successful restaurant-at-home date, and your secret ingredient is effort. Effort in planning and effort in the kitchen will lead to a great time for you and your date.
- Binge-watching movies or TV series date – On this day of love, you could cuddle up with your sweetheart and watch a horror movie (you can find some interesting options on hellhorror.com) for a change, or maybe even a TV series together. There’s a good chance you’ll see some of the same classic tropes on the big screen or the small. But, if you want to sweep your partner off their feet this V-Day truly, it’s time to break out the rose-colored glasses and check out what some of the most writers and experts say are the biggest romantic movie and TV show cliches. You might need Netflix or Prime video subscription to avail these shows and movies. DIRECTV stream or similar digital service providers has packages that can help you access thousands of apps like, Netflix, Prime Video & more on Google Play. Plus, if you’ve got a fully-equipped entertainment system, you can explore the dizzying number of options provided by the many streaming platforms. Besides that, the click of a button on your VIZIO smart TV remote (or whichever you have) can have you switch to your favorite romantic playlist. What better to ask for? You might just learn a thing or two about how to make the most of the season.
- Having that Valentine’s bake-off – Valentine’s Day can be a stressful time for many people, but if you find yourself in a romantic lockdown this year, it doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend the day all alone. Lockdown can actually be a great time to get creative and show your love in a small but meaningful way. Plus, it’s a lot easier to make a homemade treat for your beau than it is to make an elaborate dinner or over-the-top gift.
- Special meal for the special morning – Being a couple in these times is tough, and we can often forget about the simple things in life, like making breakfast for each other on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re in a relationship or are single and want to find your next love, there is nothing wrong with being a little cheesy. It’s the small gestures that can really show someone you love them. So, for this Valentine’s, why not go all out and make the ultimate breakfast for your significant other?
- Make it heartwarming with a special slideshow – you can make a slideshow of the most memorable moments of your relationship. The meaning of this slideshow is to remind your special someone of the importance of your love and the things that have happened in the past. You may also have your own way to express your love, and in this way, you may feel more connected with your partner.
- Pampering home spa date – Valentine’s Day is a great time to show your special someone how much you love them. It’s the perfect opportunity to surprise your sweetheart with a special home spa. Since it’s a perfect day to pamper yourself and your loved one, why not combine the two into a fun-filled day that will surely leave you both feeling relaxed and recharged?
- The classic date night – A Valentine’s date night doesn’t have to be limited to a fancy dinner and a movie. Whether you’re just starting out or looking for a way to amp up your current relationship, a home-cooked meal and a few hours spent on a creative project are a fun way to reconnect. And if you’re not in the mood to cook, you can always order in or look up how to make restaurant staples at home. Put up some date-night outfit, and you are ready for that special night with your special someone.
No matter what kind of celebration or preparation you do, you need to know is that you do not have to wait for a special occasion to show your love for your partner. It can be a small gesture like making a surprise breakfast, or it can be a bigger one like buying your partner presents. The idea behind all these is to show your partner that you care and love them.